Welcome! For over 30 years I’ve been researching how to enhance wellbeing—physical, psychological, social and spiritual. This search has been powered by questions such as:
- What does it mean to live wisely and well, and what does it take?
- How can we cultivate qualities such as love and wisdom, kindness and compassion?
- What is meant by terms such as enlightenment and liberation, salvation and satori?
I’ve explored these questions professionally in my roles as a professor, physician and therapist, and personally as a spouse, spiritual practitioner, and inquisitive human being. Obviously, I have no final answers. However, I’ve distilled what I’ve found into the writings and talks available on this website which I hope you’ll find helpful to your own work and explorations.
Some of the resources that might be valuable include articles on:
- Psychologies such as integral, humanistic, transpersonal, existential, and Asian
- Transformative practices such as psychotherapy and meditation
- Religious issues, for example, shamanism, contemplation, psychedelics, and spiritual practices
- Ken Wilber and integral studies
- Virtues such as wisdom
- Global Crises and their psychological and social causes
- Guided instructions for meditations, relaxation, and stress management
- Talks on, for example, lifestyle, ethics, forgiveness, and A Course in Miracles
- Dialogues with Ken Wilber, Cecil Williams, and Robert Perry
- Media interviews on religion, spirituality, consciousness, and social issues
I hope that these and the other resources on this site are helpful and I wish you all the best for your own explorations